A well-made garden path for giving and for the garden not only positively affects the appearance of the entire plot, but also provides comfort and safety of movement around the garden. Independent production of paving slabs is available, and the result can be quite worthy competition for paving stones made in production. The courtyard, equipped with paths, has a finished look, and such paths themselves serve as modern elements of street decor.
Making molds for garden tiles
The form for the tracks is necessary to solve several problems at once when creating an economical, but functional and durable site for movement:
- acceleration of the track manufacturing process according to pre-planned and completed templates;
- savings on material and the use of a strictly fixed volume of pouring;
- the ability to independently control the parameters of the thickness of the coating in order to create the most convenient pedestrian or parking zone, as well as a recreation area;
- using the form with the desired configuration allows you to create tracks not on a single tile, but rather large sections, which reduces the time;
- the embodiment of an original and individual design that will blend in perfectly with the surroundings.
Thus, the road zone will fully comply with all the requirements of landscape design. The pavement on the site can be colored, plain, rubber or concrete. You can independently make a mold for plates in different ways. To make durable and high-quality forms for creating a path on a personal plot with your own hands, it is advisable not only to use imagination, but also pay attention to the recommendations of specialists:
- Wood shape is the most simple and affordable option. Depending on what tile size is needed, four wooden blocks are knocked together in a frame, and the bottom can be made of sheet plywood. After pouring, the surface of the tile is decorated with ceramics, gravel or pebbles.
- Sheet metal mold differs in practicality and durability. This option is most often made of galvanized iron, cut into strips of a given height, fastened in any convenient way. This is a great opportunity to make a garden path with imitation of natural stone of different sizes and shapes.
- No less popular is sheet steel mold, which should be cut into strips of 50 mm wide and bent according to the design. Then it is required to decompose the obtained parts and weld their adjacent surfaces.
How to make paving slabs for your own home
Thus, the gardener has a great opportunity to create almost any form from improvised material with minimal time and effort.
How to make rubber road tiles
Rubber tiles for arranging garden paths are made on the basis of elastic rubber crumb, which results from the recycling of used car tires. This alternative option compares favorably with low cost and performance characteristics such as water resistance, frost resistance, cushioning and wear resistance.
For self-production, it is most convenient to use a rectangular shape and a "coil". The technology for creating coating elements includes the following steps:
- grinding old tires to a fraction of not more than 1-4 mm;
- mixing rubber crumb with a polymer binder component and a coloring pigment;
- filling the mold with a rubber mass and installing oppression.
Laying rubber tiles is easy enough. It is only necessary to properly level the base and equip the sandy substrate. By the same principle, a garden path is created from plastic plates.
How to make concrete tile for country paths
The concrete version of the garden path is the most popular due to the ease of installation, the relative cheapness of raw materials and durability. To equip such a pedestrian zone is necessary as follows:
- mark the location of the path;
- remove the topsoil with a thickness of 45-50 mm;
- set the mold prepared for pouring and slightly deepen it with a mallet;
- moisten the walls of the form with water and fill in a small layer of rubble;
- pour the prepared cement-sand mixture.
For pouring, it is recommended to use a solution based on sand and cement, taken in a ratio of 4: 1. It is recommended that when forming the surface of the tile give it a slightly convex shape, which will insure the pedestrian area from stagnation of water. The surface leveled by the trowel needs to be ironed with cement with a mineral dye. To prevent cracking during the drying process, it is advisable to cover the tile with a film or periodically wet it.
Production of colored concrete tiles
The natural gray color of concrete does not decorate the garden plot too much, so many owners of summer houses prefer colored paving slabs - both bright and pastel shades. To obtain an attractive color coating, dry or liquid pigment should be added at the stage of mixing the solution.
It is possible to decorate boring gray concrete with the help of "inlaying" the surface with such decorative elements as broken ceramic tiles, pebbles, mosaics or colored glass.
After the concrete has completely dried, the mold should be removed and the space between the tiles filled with sand or fine gravel. You can walk on a tile made of concrete yourself in a couple of weeks, and it is recommended to drive a car or park it on such a tile in about a month.
Design and styling technology
At the final stage of creating garden paths, it is recommended to install special fences or borders that give the paths a finished and attractive appearance, as well as extend the life of the installed structure.
Depending on the type and shape of the track, you can use different types of border design:
- plastic borders perfectly fix the contours of the pedestrian zone and do not violate its functionality;
- the concrete border is in good harmony with the landscape style of landscape design and can be used to design concrete pouring;
- wooden borders are excellent for sites in a rustic or folk style, it is difficult to combine them with rubber paths;
- The brick version of the border is in demand in the design of the enclosure of the English garden, it looks good on the site with a country-style design.
Stone and concrete always combine very well with wood, and gravel paths can be harmoniously supplemented with completely ordinary boards.
Paving slabs without vibrating table
When creating pedestrian zones on a personal plot, you can use ready-made forms, but independently made templates are not inferior to purchased ones. The paths made with their help not only make it possible to delimit or zonate the space taking into account its features, but also give cosiness and personality to the local area.