If you decide to install an outdoor pool in a country house or plot, you must take care in advance of choosing a pump and a filter for it. Any reservoir with stagnant water sooner or later turns into a swamp with algae, insects and other aquatic "inhabitants". If you want crystal clear and transparent water in your pool, then be sure to buy a pump for the pool.
Why do we need a pool pump
Do I need a pump at all? There is only one option when you do not need a pump - when using a children's inflatable pool. Its depth is small, so it is much easier to pour the water yourself. In all other situations, a pump is mandatory.
How many pumps should be used for the pool
The number of pumps directly depends on the size and capacity of the pool. If you have chosen a small frame pool, then a single pump will be enough.
If your large stationary pool needs 2-3 pumps, where the main unit will be responsible for filtering, the second will create a countercurrent, and the third will launch an ultraviolet installation or turn on the fountains. Remember, the more there will be zones for relaxation in the pool, such as a jacuzzi, waterfalls, fountains, the more pumps will be needed.
Pool drain pump
- Circulating. Such pumps are used as auxiliary. With their help, you can create bubbles or a fountain in a specific place in the pool. They suck water into the ozonizer, after which it is already enriched and released back. For private use, you can choose a low-pair pump, but for pools with water attractions and fountains, you must choose high-pair models, where the power exceeds 2 kW.
- Self-priming. Provide filtration of water in the pool. These pump models are used as main equipment paired with filters. When buying, pay attention to power: the pump must be of the same power as the filter, otherwise the whole system will quickly fail. When installing a pump at home, do not forget about the spare device. You need to install it simultaneously with the main one, so that in the event of a malfunction of one of the devices, start an additional one.
- Heat or heated pumps. Necessary to maintain a warm water temperature even in winter. The pump, in addition to pumping water, also heats the water in the pool. An interesting fact is that such water heating costs much less than gas heating. Savings are estimated at five times!
- Filtering. Perhaps the smallest and most compact pump of all presented. Most often, frame models are equipped with frame pools. In operation, they are simple and understandable, and it is simply impossible to overestimate the benefit: the pump filters the water, removing debris, leaves and preventing the formation of algae on the walls.
Pool heat pump
What to look for when buying a pump
- Appointment. The pump, first of all, must meet its purpose. For example, buying a powerful pump for a small pool will incur additional electricity costs. It is important that the pump meets your needs.
- Noise level. Very often, this criterion is not taken into account when choosing. But in vain! After all, a too noisy pump after a couple of days of work can become a real torture and will easily ruin your vacation. It is best to choose quieter models.
- Protection. When buying, be sure to check the protection system of the pump system, the integrity of the insulation and the degree of protection of the engine.
- The presence of a filter.Some pump models have pre-filters. It is they that prevent small objects, leaves and other impurities from entering the pool. If there is no such filter in the pump, then be sure to buy additional filtering devices.
- The presence of a system for heating water. Think in advance whether you want to heat water? If you want, then you should pay attention to heat pumps in which a heating mechanism is already installed. Otherwise, after installing a conventional pump, you will have to buy an additional heater.
- Reputation. Be sure to pay attention to the manufacturer. We are not faced with the choice of pumps every day, so before buying, look at the reviews about the manufacturer, find out its history.
Pool pump cleaning
How to extend the life of the pump? 3 simple rules
- Make sure that the water in the pump does not run out.
- Do not use the pump more than four times a day.
- Do not let the pump run for more than 4 hours without stopping.
Material provided by //aquapolis.ua/