Tulip (Túlipa) - one of the most popular and elegant flowers, which has long been used by man for the design of private gardens and public places.
In the world there are a huge number of color options for this popular flower.
Varieties with white petals
White color from ancient times is associated with purity and sincerity in our country. A bouquet of such flowers clearly indicates the seriousness of feelings. It is customary to give them in order to ask for forgiveness. The most famous varieties of snow-white color:
- white angel wees;
- pion-shaped Cardinal Mingenti.
Varieties with red petals
Red tulip species are found everywhere. They are loved by gardeners and make up about 25% of all types.
- "Toronto". It has a bright red color, blooms since March. It is distinguished by magnificent blossoming and multiflowering. It does not grow as fast as other species, therefore it is recommended for decorating flower beds. Prefers partial shade and well-lit places.
- "Abba." It has a rich red color and pointed petals. The diameter of the flower can reach 10 cm, the height of the glass is 6 cm.
- Barbados A brightly colored fringed flower can become the center of any composition. It reaches a height of 40 cm, blooms late, prefers to grow in the sun or in partial shade.
- "Canasta". A distinctive feature is the needle fringe in the petals. Color - red with white. The plant reaches a height of 50 cm.
- "Miranda". The flower is bright red in height reaches 40 cm. It is used for cutting and for landscaping.
Varieties with yellow color
Yellow Dutch tulips are associated with spring mood, positive and sun. In the East, they are given when they wish to express their respect and respect.
- "Forest Tulip". The brightest representative of species with a yellow color. The flower is an elegant and large plant with fragrant and bright corollas. As a rule, it is found in Belarus, rarely blooms, propagates vegetatively. In spring, its peduncles and leaves dry out, but the bulbs are preserved. Each year, the flower changes the bulb to a new one, forming long stolons. This allows him to capture areas of impressive size.
- Golden Apeldoorn. The flowers have a rich yellow color. The plant reaches a height of 55 cm. The perennial is very popular in temperate countries, it blooms beautifully, is relatively unpretentious in care.
- Strong Gold. Spring onion flower, reaching a height of 50 cm. Blossoms from April to May, the height of the glass reaches 8 cm.
- Bieberstein. The flower looks unusual - a corolla drooping, petals sharp, yellow. In height reaches 40 cm, linear leaves are mainly located near the roots.
How to plant tulips
Pink tulips are a symbol of tenderness. A bouquet made of these flowers speaks of the quivering feelings of the donor, about which he is not yet ready to declare openly.
There are many varieties of this delicate color:
- "Foxtrot". Refers to early terry, blooms in May. The glasses are large, pale pink, in the central part of the petals there are snow-white strokes. Flowering continues for two weeks.
- "Negro." It blooms in April - early May. The presented variety is characterized by a tall glass of dark pink color, the plant develops well in partial shade or in a lighted place. The flower is actively used for bouquets and decoration of flower beds.
- "Van Eyck." It reaches a height of 80 cm. The color of the plant is pinkish-salmon, the flowering period is April - May. In winter, the flower needs shelter.
- "Dynasty". It has a pink and white color, reaches a height of 60 cm. It begins to bloom in April - May. It requires shelter for the winter.
- Barcelona The flower reaches a height of 60 cm. The plant begins to bloom from April - May, its color is pale purple.
- "Angelica". Belongs to the group of late varieties. It begins to bloom in May with pinkish-white buds. A distinctive feature is a large number of petals.
Varieties of blue color
Blue tulips are not found in nature. The thing is that in the bulbs there is no such pigment as dolphinidin. However, there are purple species. Their color in the light looks like blue. As blue on the market there are such varieties as:
- Parrot tulips Blue Parrot;
- Terry Blue Spectacle and Blue Diamond;
- Triumph of Blue Beauty;
- lilac tulips Purple Dream.
Varieties of purple color
Violet varieties were bred in the XIV century. The color of plant petals varies from light lilac to almost black. All shades look noble.
The brightest variety is Queen of Knight. The plant has a 9-cm purple-black flower. It blooms for three weeks. Moreover, even in the sun, it slightly opens the bud.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about how to grow tulips by March 8th.
This group includes botanical varieties, characterized by early flowering and small growth. Tulips Greig, Kaufman, Foster - all these are botanical plants bred in artificial conditions. This also includes Lipsky tulip, which has a small drooping head, and Hager and Klosian tulips.
All presented flowers have not only bright colors, but also beautiful foliage. They are characterized by the fact that every summer they do not need to be dug out, and gradually growing, the bulbs form a real curtain.
Kaufman Tulip is distinguished by large flowers and early flowering. The color is most often two-tone, the foliage has red lines. The presented flower will be the perfect choice for borders, rockeries and alpine slides.
From multicolor plants, it is worth paying attention to Schrenk's tulip. The flower has a small bulb. This is a plant with a variable flower shape, slightly resembling a lily. Color varies from red to purple.
Gesner's tulip is planted on flower beds and discounts, in pots and flowerpots. Landings have been made since October and only in clay soils. The variety is represented by several varieties:
- Darwin hybrids (many varieties);
- Glory to Holland.
The variety also looks unusualBathhouse Luka. The presented variety has a bright red-yellow bud of a large form, grows quickly enough, reproduces well and is actively used for distillation.
The Gavotte variety resembles a butterfly flight. The tulip blooms in May; it was at this time that a cherry flower blossomed with a bright yellow rim around the edges. Its diameter reaches 12 cm, the duration of flowering is 12 days.
Shrub varieties are appreciated by gardeners around the world due to the simplicity of care, the brightness of colors and the elegance of forms. Tulip is the same flower that is often found in the design of borders, alpine hills and flower beds.
A variety of shapes and colors of the plant will help satisfy the most demanding taste. White flowers will be an excellent option to create fields, a forest tulip will decorate any alpine hill or become a bright spot among ornamental shrubs. A variety of varieties makes it possible to select flower varieties so that flowering in the garden takes place continuously, and bright buds delighted you from mid-April to early June.
Tulips: Variety of Varieties
Hand-made tilda tulips also look good, but nothing beats the beauty of real plants that have a goblet-shaped flower and a bright color of petals. Living Dutch tulips were and remain the height of grace and the main option for decorating lawns and flower beds located near trees.