We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Breastfeeding broccoli is one of the safest and healthiest vegetables around. Due to the increased content of vitamins, macro- and microelements, asparagus cabbage enriches breast milk, helps the mother to heal her body, weakened by childbirth.
Unblown inflorescences with part of the stem are eaten
Can broccoli be breastfed?
Breast milk is the best food for a newborn. We must not forget that all dishes from the diet of a nursing mother in an adapted form enter the baby's body. Therefore, during lactation, a woman needs to carefully adhere to a healthy balanced diet that will not harm a small child.
Broccoli, unlike other vegetables of the Cabbage family, does not cause increased gas formation in the intestines, bloating and colic in mom and baby. The product is hypoallergenic, contains useful vitamins and minerals, fiber. With proper preparation of dishes, observing the norms of consumption, broccoli can and should be introduced into the diet of a nursing mother while breastfeeding.
When can broccoli be used with HB
Pediatricians advise to refrain from eating vegetables immediately after discharge from the hospital. It is recommended to start eating broccoli when your baby is 4-5 weeks old. The first time is to eat 20-30 g of soup and observe the behavior of the newborn for 24 hours. In the absence of intestinal colic and skin rashes, the portions of the product can be gradually increased.
The use of broccoli while breastfeeding in the second month of a baby's life can be increased to 100 g. In the future, portions of the vegetable can be 200-300 g up to 3 times a week.
Benefits of broccoli for HS
A vegetable product rarely causes allergies, is rich in vitamins A, C, K, folic acid, useful microelements: magnesium, calcium, manganese.
Benefits of broccoli for breastfeeding:
- antioxidants preserve tooth enamel, improve the condition of the skin and nails, prevent hair loss;
- carotene and ascorbic acid restore the body's immune forces;
- fiber improves intestinal motility, helps with postpartum constipation;
- potassium stabilizes the state of the cardiovascular system, helps to get rid of edema;
- magnesium reduces increased fatigue, copes with irritability;
- the hormone dopamine increases the synthesis of serotonin - helps fight postpartum depression;
- folic acid is needed for the development of the baby's bone tissue, reduces the risk of anemia in the mother and child.
Attention! Being a low-calorie product (34 kcal per 100 g), the vegetable helps to normalize the weight of a nursing mother.
Contraindications to broccoli when breastfeeding
Very rarely, a newborn has an allergy in the form of redness on the cheeks, manifestations of diarrhea. This usually happens if the mother ate broccoli with hepatitis B in the first month of the baby's life or the vegetable intake was exceeded. In isolated cases, an infant has a congenital hypersensitivity to vitamin C contained in the product. Negative signs of pathology look like an itchy rash, persistent diaper rash.
If the baby has a weak intestine, even a small consumption of cabbage can lead to bloating and intestinal colic. Undesirable manifestations mean that the child's body is not yet ready to change the diet. The next attempt to introduce broccoli into the diet of a breastfeeding mother can be repeated no earlier than a month later.
For women in labor who have undergone a cesarean section, any cabbage dishes are contraindicated for 4-6 weeks. In the future, it is allowed to use pureed broccoli.
Broccoli should be used with caution by women with increased blood clotting. The product contains a lot of fiber, with stomach ulcers, colitis and other inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, exacerbation may occur.
How to cook broccoli while breastfeeding
Nursing mothers can eat asparagus cabbage only after heat treatment: in boiled, stewed, baked form. The most easily the product is assimilated by the body in a pureed form. The vegetable goes well with sour cream and vegetable oil.
It is strictly forbidden to eat inflorescences raw - this leads to increased gas formation in the mother and baby. Fried and canned broccoli is not suitable for a breastfeeding diet and is harmful to the stomach.
The inflorescences must be prepared fresh, the maximum shelf life in the refrigerator is 2 days. The product should not be sealed in trays or plastic bags. Broccoli is thoroughly washed with warm water to remove dirt and putrefactive bacteria.
Advice! Boil cabbage in slightly salted water for 5-7 minutes. Long-term cooking leads to the destruction of vitamins.
Broccoli recipes for HS
Breastfeeding food should be dietary, without pepper and spices. A short cooking time will allow you to preserve the maximum of nutrients.
Vegetable dish prepared as an omelet contains protein and fiber
- broccoli inflorescences - 5-6 pcs.;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 1.5 tbsp. l. low-fat sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. flour.
- Boil the vegetable for 3-5 minutes in water with a little salt.
- Mix eggs with sour cream, beat slightly.
- Having combined the ingredients, bake in a dish greased with vegetable oil for 15-20 minutes.
Vegetable omelet is great for breakfast for moms while breastfeeding.
Broccoli puree soup
It doesn't take long to make the soup. Mashed vegetables are the easiest for the body to absorb.
- asparagus cabbage - 600 g;
- meat or vegetable broth - 1 l;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- cream - 50 g.
- Sauté finely chopped onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cabbage inflorescences, cut into 3-4 pieces, simmer over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cream to boiling salted broth and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a blender to chop the vegetables until smooth and smooth.
Puree soup is the first broccoli dish recommended for feeding mothers.
Broccoli puree soup is ideal for women during lactation
Broccoli in the form of salads is best consumed starting from 2-3 months of feeding.
- chicken breast - 1 pc .;
- cabbage inflorescences - 5-6 pcs.;
- hard cheese - 200 g;
- sour cream - 100 g.
- Boil the skinless breast for 30-40 minutes, cut into cubes.
- Boil broccoli for 5 minutes, cut into 3-4 pieces.
- Grate cheese on a coarse grater.
- Stir the salad with the addition of sour cream and salt to taste.
If desired, you can add white bread croutons to the salad.
Chicken breast salad with broccoli is a tasty and healthy dish
When choosing a vegetable to eat, you should pay attention to:
- healthy broccoli heads of dark green color, yellowed areas, yellow blossoming flowers are unacceptable;
- fresh vegetable - juicy, elastic to the touch, individual branches break off with a characteristic crunch;
- you need to choose groups of inflorescences with soft, thin stems, in overripe cabbage they are rough.
Depending on the variety, cabbage heads can have a purple or slightly grayish tint.
High quality asparagus always rich in color
In the winter-spring period, it is better to use a frozen product, which retains up to 70% of nutrients. Cabbage grown in heated greenhouses in winter contains a lot of pesticides and nitrates. When choosing freezing, you need to pay attention to the color of the vegetable (it should be bright green) and the presence of ice. A large amount of ice indicates that the product has been defrosted several times. Violation of storage rules leads to the destruction of most vitamins.
Important! The best option for eating broccoli is to use locally grown vegetables, if possible, do it yourself.
When breastfeeding, broccoli dishes are extremely beneficial for nursing mothers and babies, unless contraindicated. The mother's body has an increased need for vitamins, trace elements: calcium, iron, phosphorus. Broccoli is a source of nutrients and fiber, coarse fibers restore the intestinal microflora, actively remove toxins, which has a beneficial effect on the quality of breast milk.